.Monday, November 10, 2008 ' 12:56 AM Y
The RP-archery Online Team ;
Dear Archers,
Firstly I would like to apologise for not being able to make it for the competition selections as well as the actual competition itself. I hope that you guys have been well and training hard these past few weeks. For the 15 of you, who have been selected, go to the competition with a sharp mind, with the team bonding and confidence that will shatters the opponent.
I would like to share something with all of you, seniors and juniors alike. There are 2 core values in the SAF that would make you better archers. The core values are Discipline and Fighting Spirit.
Discipline refers to the inner strength, mental stamina, physical toughness and perseverance to withstand fear and tension, by doing it to the best of our abilities. This is especially important during trainings, when we train to put all our arrows into the gold. No matter how tired we are, or how many bad shots we made, we must have that discipline to complete the number of ends/sets planned or achieve the objectives set for that day.
Fighting Spirit refers to the determination, aggressiveness and perseverance which enable us to overcome obstacles. The amount of fighting spirit in each of us determines our ability to stand our ground despite stronger opponents. This core value is especially important throughout the whole competition. When faced with a stronger opponent, you must have the fighting spirit to stay focused on your target and not to give up till the last arrow.
I would have to go back to camp tonight, and I hope that you guys do well for this competition. Regardless of the outcome, stay together as a team and train harder for the next competition. I will try to visit soon.
Best Regards,
Li Rong
Reported by JIAWEI